View next topic
View previous topic
Reply to topic
hao9031989417

Rating: 8

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 11:13 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

HelloMrBean wrote:
Quote:
ok so a torpedo won't be the best example.. how about a seal jumping out of a boat and an airplane sees it? or if seals from one side engage with seals on the other in an underwater combat? hey you never know what might happen.

Just to clarify, there is no "seals on the other [side]". Seal is part of the US Navy.
Airplanes can't really do much about frongmen--maybe for reconnaissance purposes at most. For anti-frogman measures, even depth charge is close to over kill. As posted previously in this thread, a strong pulse of sonar is sufficient to disable any divers.

Of course, but that pulse of sonar will light your submarine up like a christmas tree from the enemy submarine's perspective. Totally defeats the purpose of submarine, which is, by the way, stealth.

Rating: 159

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006 01:06 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

hao9031989417 wrote:
HelloMrBean wrote:
Quote:
ok so a torpedo won't be the best example.. how about a seal jumping out of a boat and an airplane sees it? or if seals from one side engage with seals on the other in an underwater combat? hey you never know what might happen.

Just to clarify, there is no "seals on the other [side]". Seal is part of the US Navy.
Airplanes can't really do much about frongmen--maybe for reconnaissance purposes at most. For anti-frogman measures, even depth charge is close to over kill. As posted previously in this thread, a strong pulse of sonar is sufficient to disable any divers.

Of course, but that pulse of sonar will light your submarine up like a christmas tree from the enemy submarine's perspective. Totally defeats the purpose of submarine, which is, by the way, stealth.

i just blew up my friend in battlefield using a submarine... everything else about the mp7 is true =)

http://www.hkpro.com/pdw

has statistics about the mp7, which i see are better than the p90 in many many ways =O

edit: how would sonar kill a person?

ISelfDestruct3 wrote:
people need to die. that's why disease, and viruses were made. im not saying god made them, or anything at all. (though my belief is that god made them). cause look at us, we are over populating the earth. PEOPLE NEED TO DIE!!
hao9031989417

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006 07:20 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Korou wrote:
hao9031989417 wrote:
HelloMrBean wrote:
Quote:

i just blew up my friend in battlefield using a submarine... everything else about the mp7 is true =)

http://www.hkpro.com/pdw

has statistics about the mp7, which i see are better than the p90 in many many ways =O

edit: how would sonar kill a person?

I'm not doubting your specifications on the mp7, any person who's intelligent enough to use google can figure that out, I'm just saying all your tactics and proposed problems are based on a computer game.

Btw, a sonar wouldn't probably kill a person, but it would rupture your eardrums and thus effectively disables the frogman's fighting abilities.

Banned

Rating: 67

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006 08:29 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

last time I checked if you get your eardrums burst, you'd pass out from disorientation. You'd be deaf. Probably get septic shock from the fluids entering and exiting the cranial cavity. Maybe bleed out.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006 08:47 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Zenith wrote:
last time I checked if you get your eardrums burst, you'd pass out from disorientation. You'd be deaf. Probably get septic shock from the fluids entering and exiting the cranial cavity. Maybe bleed out.

Hmm, I didn't know that, thanks for pointing this out.

Rating: -17

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2007 02:23 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

So I check this thread after a few months and Korou is still rambling about some CS crap. Lets get some things straight. No submachine gun can replace a rifle in terms of combat ability. SMG will always have less range, accuracy and power then a rifle. Common ballistic sense given that 1) Rifle bullets are bigger 2) Rifle rounds have more propellant 3) Rifles have a longer barrel The only reason for an SMG is portability which is why I find Korou's "rush" tactics of ROFL quality. Second, many guns can be fired underwater. However, some guns require special modifications for the gun to be fired safely. If your gun is immersed in water, there is an increased pressure load on the chamber of the gun. If your gun is not capable of handling the additional pressure, you will have a Ka-Boom. Also, using the wrong type of bullets *cough* hollow points will cause premature expansion and another Ka-Boom. Finally, inadequate hearing protection while underwater may lead to deafness due to the pressure from the bullet damaging the firer. Also, I don't see how having a spring magazine could make "bubbles" that affect chambering. All magazines nowadays are spring operated. God damn it Korou, stop playing your freaking CS

IGN: KoopaTroopa Lvl 99 Stalker
ParaTroopa Lvl 89 SinX
VendaTroopa Lvl 7x WhiteSmith
NoobaTroopa Lvl 6x Supa Novice

People with transcendent classes have no life.
Reply to topic

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic