Forums » View topic » Update: RCX on Ragnarok Frontier (Beta)

View next topic
View previous topic
Reply to topic
Kaz!
Staff Member

Rating: N/A
Location: 53 degrees 32 minutes North, 113 degrees 30 minutes West.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012 06:33 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

RCX on Ragnarok Frontier (Beta)

NOTICE: If you enjoy the server or like this update, please write us a review on RateMyServer, or refresh your current review! A high rating encourages more people to play on the server, and generally a higher population means more fun for everyone!

We would like to introduce the allowance of a modified version of the 3rd party program RCX on Ragnarok Frontier. Although we cannot offer any sort of warranty with this program, we will provide a limited amount of instruction/support for it.
This update is completely optional: it is being offered to increase player enjoyment.

For those of you who do not know what RCX is, here is an example of many of its functions on the official servers:
(Yes, I know this is non-English... but it still gives the quickest overview of most features, other than Buff Timers and Ground Effects.)

Link

If this is of interest to you, see the below!

Arrow Installation/Use Instructions
1) RCX requires Microsoft Visual C++ to function. If you do not have this program already, it can be downloaded from Microsoft, here. Ensure you download the version that is applicable to your version of Windows.
2) Download our self-extracting RCX file by clicking here.
3) Run the self-extracting .exe file, with your main Ragnarok Frontier directory as the destination folder. This should create the folder "RCX" within your main Ragnarok Frontier folder, and add a shortcut to RCX.exe in your start menu.
4) Run the file "RCX.exe", either from the start menu shortcut or from within the RCX directory in your Ragnarok Frontier folder. The window that pops up can be minimized; doesn't matter. RCX.exe must be started before Ragnarok Frontier is started for it to attach.
5) Run Ragnarok Frontier normally. The first run may take some time for everything to add & process; once it does subsequent runs are faster.
6) Enjoy the additions!

Arrow Restrictions and Suspendable Actions
If you are using the modified version of RCX provided for Ragnarok Frontier, you can use it and customize it as you like (short of replacing the entire RCX.ini file with a non-RF version) and you should never run into any restriction problems. It is not possible to run into these restrictions with the modified version we are providing unless you are REALLY trying.

However, if you choose to use an unmodified version, RCX by default has three problematic functions: "Groupie", "CharConfig", and "AccountCollector". The "Groupie" and "CharConfig" functions are detected as bots, and suspensions for botting will be issued if these functions are used. The "AccountCollector" function is not detectable, but use of this function is a serious security risk for your account password and username, as it stores the information locally and unencrypted.
Again, you do not need to worry about these functions if you are using the Ragnarok Frontier version of RCX, downloadable above. If you are using an unmodified version, we recommend you replace it with our version.

Arrow Options (RCX.ini Modifications / Menu modifications)
In keeping with the overall look and feel of RF, the version of RCX is being offered with minimal features enabled by default for a clean, non-busy look. However, you many modify any of the information in the RCX.ini file as you wish.
We recommend you back up your RCX.ini file before any large modifications. Do not make modifications to the RCX.ini file while RCX is open, or the changes may be reverted when RCX is closed.

Hotkeys:
Ctrl + 0 (zero) - Opens the RCX Options Menu (does not work correctly for some users; if you cannot change settings here then all modifications must be done via the .ini file using the instructions below).
Ctrl + X - Adds a green border 9 cells around your character.
Ctrl + B - Adds the Bowling Bash / Gutterline grid.
Values under the [KeyConfig] option can change what hotkeys do what effect. Unfortunately, the method for adding additional hotkeys for options not already shown is unknown.

Opacity:
This option makes any terrain obstacle that would be covering your character (trees, walls, etc.) translucent while your character is behind it. Detection is not perfect, and sometimes it makes ground terrain detail translucent as well. The line "Opaque=0" in the RCX.ini file dictates if this feature is enabled or not. 0 is disabled and 1 is enabled.

Exp Display:
To show any exp displays at all, find the line "EXPTIMER=0000" in the RCX.ini file and adjust the value to the duration you want the exp display to be active for after killing a monster; eg. 5000 = 5 seconds. A miniture Exp window is displayed at the same time. How to disable this from appearing is unknown, but to make it appear at all times or change where on the screen it appears find the following lines and adjust as per the instructions immediately above them.
[EXPWindow]
Mode=0
POS_X=0
POS_Y=0

Mob Info:
Values under [MOBInfo] controls the fonts used for monster hp and monster stats. Additionally, the following two lines (near the bottom of the .ini file) control where the monster hp is relative to the monster and how (or if) additional monster info is displayed.
MOBHPTYPE=0x2
MOBHP_PUTMOBTOP=0x2
The exact hex codes for what configuration are currently unknown. Recommend updating via the RCX menu, if available.

Note: Monster hp as displayed by RCX does not come from the game itself, the way the skill Sense gets it. Instead, RCX uses an internal database and adjusts hp based on what occurs on your screen. If the monster leaves your field of view and comes back, it will show at full hp again.

Skill Timers:
Skill timers can be modified in many ways:

1) Values under the [SkillTimer] option determine if it is enabled/disabled, and allows for font modifications.

2) Values under the [SkillTimerFlag] option dictate which buffs are displayed under what conditions. All of these are 4-character Hex code. By default for RF, most buffs are only displayed if they affect you or are cast by you and most ground-based effects are displayed when cast by any player.
Example: To make Bless appear over any person (but not monster) you cast it on, find the skill AL_BLESSING and change the hex code from 0x1111 to 0x1117. To include casts on monsters, change it to 0x111f. It you want to see it on absolutely anything cast on your screen, change it to 0xffff.

3) Values under the [SkillTimerCountDownTick] option dictate at what point a skill timer changes from being yellow to refilling as a red bar, in thousandths of a second.

4) Values under the [SkillTimerMode] option dictate how you would like the skill timer displayed. The value of 1 means that it will display on the right side of the screen with the buff icon (if available). The value of 0 means that it will always display over the character. Note that buffs without an associated icon or buffs on other people must always be over the character, regardless of this setting.

Notes on Skill Timers:
* For the aftercast delay timer, the wait time is based on base delay only. Equipment and skills that reduce after-cast delay, such as Magic Strings, will not affect the visual timer even though they will still affect your true aftercast delay.
* Similary, for status effects the time indicated is the base time only: the displayed time remaining is not adjusted based on character stats/MDef.
* Timers are only based on information known to the client. When changes happen the client is not aware of (ie. offscreen recast), the timers can potentially be misleading or incorrect.
* In WoE these are disabled and cannot be enabled. Skill timers are still available in other PvP settings, such as Battlegrounds.

Ground Effect Colors:
These provided colors on the ground that can help identify where effects are, even if the /effect option is off.

1) Enable/Disable. Find the line "M2E=0" (near the bottom of the file); to enable this change this to "M2E=1"

2) Colors. All colors are customizable and are in the section titled [M2E]. Find the ground effect that you want. There should be a line under it that reads "Skill####=0x########". These last 8 characters are the ones that should be modified if you wish to change the color of an effect. They are in Hex code, with 2 characters for each type of color parameter (in order): Alpha, Red, Green, Blue.

This list only includes the modifications that work and seem like they may be useful. Although you may modify other options, we do NOT provide support if options other then the ones listed above are modified: some of the other options conflict with or otherwise do not play well with other customizations we have.

Last edited by Kaz! on 09 May 2015 07:25 AM; edited 4 times in total
SomeNobody

Rating: 14

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012 07:36 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

RCX is very handy to have for the gutterline paint. Smile

Last edited by SomeNobody on 04 Apr 2012 07:36 PM; edited 1 time in total
jerryw
Distinguished Member

Rating: 1,122

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012 09:09 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

SomeNobody wrote:
RCX is very handy to have for the gutterline paint. Smile

Indeed, I also like the buff time-left bar.
lak_zhai

Rating: 436

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 10:03 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW. mind = blown. O.P.
gordon10193

Rating: 474

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 01:04 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

This is an awesome inclusion; super useful.

New to Ragnarok Frontier? Check this link:
/sakray/rf/stats/mentor.php
Xemaji

Rating: 74

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012 05:28 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

instead of having the actual mob hp display and buff timer on the right side, if only every monster in a map were tagged so that it could monitor their hp whenever ur on a map. i like the idea of this for RF tho, it does make knowing how much hp a strong mob has easier to know

Rating: 33

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 08:18 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok so i thought i would give this a try, I downloaded the proper microsoft file and installed it, then i downloaded RCX and ran it before starting Frontier in the order than you state, and when i get to the login screen i get this.. Image
djuang

Rating: 15

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 09:19 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

double check that you installed RCX into the correct folder which holds Ragnarok Frontier.
i made this mistake and got the same error message
Kaz!
Staff Member

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 09:27 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

tournament wrote:
Ok so i thought i would give this a try, I downloaded the proper microsoft file and installed it, then i downloaded RCX and ran it before starting Frontier in the order than you state, and when i get to the login screen i get this..

djuang is correct in the most likely explaination: the path to target using the installer needs to be your main RF directory. If it's a new folder within your main RF directory or another folder entirely then our pre-programmed pathways will target incorrect locations and RCX won't attach right.

It is not the only possible explaination though. If you still have problems getting it to work, please send me a forum PM and I will assist working through your specific case.

Thanks!

Rating: 33

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 10:46 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks i got it to work once it was all in %appdata% Ragnarok Frontier, appreciate you're help. Very Happy

Edit : Could you add more on how to use it because im lost.. I cannot get any of the commands to work but it IS running now, How do i connect it and such?

Last edited by tournament on 08 Apr 2012 10:53 AM; edited 1 time in total
Xemaji

Rating: 74

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012 06:12 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

totally connects on its own dude, and to access the commands, well, when you open the rcx.ini, ctrl+f to find specific words your looking for to modify their settings. ^ such is a basic guide on setting it up the way you want it

Rating: 65

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 05:14 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

Why no skill timers in WoE?
Kaz!
Staff Member

PostPosted: 28 May 2012 06:53 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

SpaceFalcon wrote:
Why no skill timers in WoE?

Because of the competitive nature of WoE, timers and several other aspects of RCX are disabled on those maps to prevent any significant advantage being given to those with RCX relative to those without.

Rating: 43

PostPosted: 30 May 2012 01:27 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for introducing us to such useful tool and allowing us to use it Robert!
gordon10193

Rating: 474

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012 07:56 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

Having an issue...

New to Ragnarok Frontier? Check this link:
/sakray/rf/stats/mentor.php

Last edited by gordon10193 on 25 Jun 2012 07:56 AM; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic