View previous topic
Reply to topic
Kruger

Rating: 0

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 12:40 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

MrFuta wrote:
Current favorite gun G36C

Me with G36K shooting with Port Moody ERT

is that the RCMP training program that came out recently?
Zenith
Banned

Rating: 67

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 12:50 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

So primative haha. Though the site with the nuclear bomb was amusing. But still the thermonuclear weapons era is long gone. People have stopped researching that type of weapon and have shifted focus on small arms and what not.

This is what you need to look at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasound_weapons

Quote:
Luxury cruise ship "Seabourn Spirit" employed an LRAD, a commercial type of a sonic weapon, in an attempt to repel pirates who attacked 160 km off the coast of Somalia in early November 2005.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/rail-gun1.htm

Quote:
In 2003, the British Ministry of Defense hosted a one-eighth-scale test of an electromagnetic rail gun that achieved a muzzle velocity of Mach 6, or approximately 2,040 meters per second.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/e-bomb.htm

Quote:
it is potentially non-lethal, but is still highly destructive. An E-bomb attack would leave buildings standing and spare lives, but it could destroy a sizeable military.

A growing trend in weapons is increasing selectivity and accuracy rather than sheer destruction. The railgun is a great example of high accuracy, because it has a high velocity there is less projectile drop and would be able to eliminate a target with a smaller chance of missing. The E-Bomb only neutralizes electronic and metallic components, leaving people alive.

Killing the people trying to kill you isn't the only answer, you just have to disarm them.

PS. Something completely off topic, but since Im on the topic of modern weaponery and technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPD_thruster
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/fs22grc.html

they're the same thing, just from two different sites.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 02:08 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

-close your eyes and imagine-Your runnin like shit from a bunch of guys chaseing you with ak-47's...you skid around the corner to to that thing turning to target....AND BOOM!I dont thin thered be anything left of you for the guys with ak's to find... Surprised

~gruntish sader~7x~sader
~gruntish healer~6x~preist
~gruntish novie~4x~novie
Cheese~Ball~4X~archer

i'm just a guy...who's in love with the girl right in front of me!~
Korou

Rating: 159

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 02:46 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

my favourites.

SIG SG 551-1P

Colt M-16

M249 PARA

XM8

AK-SPETSNAZ

UZI pistol

SIG P-220
all of them are as sexy as they can be, and m-16 assault rifle > m4a1 carabine.

ISelfDestruct3 wrote:
people need to die. that's why disease, and viruses were made. im not saying god made them, or anything at all. (though my belief is that god made them). cause look at us, we are over populating the earth. PEOPLE NEED TO DIE!!
AgentSmith

Rating: -17

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 02:55 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

The use G36K in ERT? I thought it would have been the C8 or some other M4 variant. O_o. Post anything here, so paintball, airsoft, etc. Please don't post noob things like "P90 suxors in CS" etc.

IGN: KoopaTroopa Lvl 99 Stalker
ParaTroopa Lvl 89 SinX
VendaTroopa Lvl 7x WhiteSmith
NoobaTroopa Lvl 6x Supa Novice

People with transcendent classes have no life.
zidanet129
Distinguished Member

Rating: 81

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 03:14 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Smith, I was actually thinking about the concept of Railguns. You know, firing shots with magnetic force instead of explosion of gunpowder. That has GOT to hurt considering how fast the bullet would be travelling. The only drawback is that the barrels would overheat quite quickly, so chained shots won't be possible.
And then there's the positron rifle...... Positrons = negative electrons...... Beam of positron pretty much causes EVERYTHING in its way to explode when positrons clashes with electrons (and you know, every single atom has electrons.......). In other words, it pretty much disintegrates anything in its way. Too much GS/D, I say.

Ziddy - Sniper (Oct 5, '06: Day to remember. First to get Phantasmic Arrow.)
Zidagunner - Gunslinger (First to make Butcher and 2s. Garrison)

Retired
Zenith
Banned

Rating: 67

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 03:28 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

zidanet129 wrote:
Smith, I was actually thinking about the concept of Railguns. You know, firing shots with magnetic force instead of explosion of gunpowder. That has GOT to hurt considering how fast the bullet would be travelling. The only drawback is that the barrels would overheat quite quickly, so chained shots won't be possible.
And then there's the positron rifle...... Positrons = negative electrons...... Beam of positron pretty much causes EVERYTHING in its way to explode when positrons clashes with electrons (and you know, every single atom has electrons.......). In other words, it pretty much disintegrates anything in its way. Too much GS/D, I say.

yeah the rail gun wont be a very fast firing weapon. They'll probably modify the concept for high power applications such as a long range cannon, shoots slow but high yield.

If they wanted something with a high rate of fire, it would be a gauss rifle, or the coil concept. Same thing as the rail concept except they'd use coils so the ammunition is suspended within the firing chamber, hence no friction against the launching mechanism. They mention it in the article.

As for the positron weapon, Im not sure they can focus such a highly volitile ballistic. I mean you'd have to generate the positrons in a vacuumed chamber and then eject it without touching anything. Even then Im sure the muzzle of the weapon would be super heated by the vapourized atmosphere in it. ^^

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 03:36 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a friend who's ordering Aerosoft rifles/handguns from Japan [he can't get real ones because he's too young ...] and selling them at his Cadets Core. He's gaining a hella profit <_<''

He refused to show me though. Since it was at school. And there were little 7th graders milling about.

retired from RF once again
View user's profileSend private message JournalVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
AgentSmith

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 03:45 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Litening wrote:
I have a friend who's ordering Aerosoft rifles/handguns from Japan [he can't get real ones because he's too young ...] and selling them at his Cadets Core. He's gaining a hella profit <_<''

He refused to show me though. Since it was at school. And there were little 7th graders milling about.

Cadets use standardized rifles, being the Daisy 853C pellet, Lee Enfield MKII? in .22 and Anshutz in .22. Is your friend selling to people in his corp?

ParaTroopa Lvl 89 SinX

hao9031989417

Rating: 8

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 07:12 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

zidanet129 wrote:

Positron Cannons wouldn't work on earth, technically, as soon as the positron is fired into air, it would cause matter-antimatter reaction. It will only work in places where there is "matterless".

Railguns is realistic. I think there are already prototypes availible. The penetrating power of railguns is something like 2meters of steel. Almost 4 times as much as traditional HEAT/APFSDS/HESH rounds.

Rating: 159

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 07:16 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Zenith wrote:
zidanet129 wrote:

yeah the rail gun wont be a very fast firing weapon. They'll probably modify the concept for high power applications such as a long range cannon, shoots slow but high yield.

If they wanted something with a high rate of fire, it would be a gauss rifle, or the coil concept. Same thing as the rail concept except they'd use coils so the ammunition is suspended within the firing chamber, hence no friction against the launching mechanism. They mention it in the article.

As for the positron weapon, Im not sure they can focus such a highly volitile ballistic. I mean you'd have to generate the positrons in a vacuumed chamber and then eject it without touching anything. Even then Im sure the muzzle of the weapon would be super heated by the vapourized atmosphere in it. ^^

lets see, rail gun would be used for like um.. snipers? Seeing how with that force it can pierce through humans with ease (anyone say double kill?) or make a super giant mass destructive cannon which shoots once every hour. FN-P90 has a great ROF and it looks cool. And i don't think the gauss rifle is a SI weapon yet, so yea. As for the positron gun thing, stick it on an airplane and lets call it a yamato cannon Very Happy

so far, all i know is that if you want to kill alot of things very fast, get a A/N bomb. it makes things go bye bye.
oh yes another sexy gun for you people to look at:
H&K UMP.45

Heckler and Koch is a crazy gunsmith company =)

ISelfDestruct3 wrote:
people need to die. that's why disease, and viruses were made. im not saying god made them, or anything at all. (though my belief is that god made them). cause look at us, we are over populating the earth. PEOPLE NEED TO DIE!!
AG05

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 07:33 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

COLT M4A1!!!

Steyr Aug

FAMAS OWNS!

Of course like some ppl the AK

And the P90 just looks cool to me

"Religion is Poison" (7 Years in Tibet)
viet-thai-giang

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 07:35 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Zenith wrote:
zidanet129 wrote:

Well, the rail gun, if it was to be a chained fire, it would burn through your hands or just explode, kinda like on Quake III, the Railguns, they may be strong, but it takes a while to cool off.
AgentSmith

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006 10:37 PM Reply with quoteBack to top

Railguns operate on same principles of particle accelerators. An actually handheld version I believe would be highly unlikely because of the long barrel length needed to accelerate the projectile and also the energy requirements needed for such a weapon. As an emplacement it would be feasible yet it serves no purpose but to pierce armor and would probably transfer little energy to its target. A railgun would just be a souped up anti-material gun.

ParaTroopa Lvl 89 SinX

MrFuta

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2006 12:43 AM Reply with quoteBack to top

Kruger wrote:
is that the RCMP training program that came out recently?

Nope it was actually a trip to the range with police officers that I won at a charity auction

AgentSmith wrote:
The use G36K in ERT? I thought it would have been the C8 or some other M4 variant. O_o. Post anything here, so paintball, airsoft, etc. Please don't post noob things like "P90 suxors in CS" etc.

G36K is the rifle version (only burst, and semi modes) that are used by the normal cops.. I think they carry them in the trunk of their cruisers or something..

The Port Moody ERT members (aka. swat) use the G36C which is the compact version of the G36. They might use other guns too but on the day I went they were showing off their G36C and variants. It fires semi, burst, and full auto. They got to show us full auto with G36C.. damn that thing was crazy.. emptied the clip so fast.
Reply to topic

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic